“I’ve given my definition of economic development to different groups over the years, and the more experienced I get, the more that definition morphs a little bit,” he explained. “Economic development, as I see it, is creating increasing investment in our region — and, ultimately, a city or town — that generates increased tax revenue to the municipality and the state and creates jobs; that’s my simple definition.Read Full Article
- University of Massachusetts
- Western New England University
- Big Y Foods
- Smith & Wesson Corp.
- Allan W. Blair
- Westmass Area Development Corp.
- Westover Metropolitan Development Corp.
- Economic Development Council of Western Massachusetts
- Greater Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau