Join us at the New Market Opportunities in Offshore Wind: Supply Chain 101 Seminar!
Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport
450 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210(617) 476-6664 Date & Time:October 13, 2021 9:30am - 12:30pm
MassCEC is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity in Boston this October: New Market Opportunities in Offshore Wind: Supply Chain 101 Seminar, a regional effort in partnership with Rhode Island Commerce, and Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development, at the upcoming American Clean Power (ACP) Offshore WINDPOWER 2021 conference. This seminar will provide a helpful tutorial for those who are looking at the business opportunities of the emerging offshore wind industry by reviewing the market projections, breaking down the different elements and taxonomy of an offshore wind project; examining the various procurement and contracting processes; and providing general offshore wind project scope timelines.
Registration for the Supply Chain 101 seminar offers multiple exposure opportunities and includes:
- ACP Offshore Windpower Conference access from 9:30-2:30 on Wednesday, October 13th at the newly constructed Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport, at a discounted rate of $99,
- Networking opportunities with other seminar attendees, and
- Two hours of access to the ACP Offshore WINDPOWER conference exhibit hall.
Speakers will present on a variety of topics, including an overview of the state of the OSW industry and components of the supply chain that are necessary to build an OSW farm; as well as an update from regional seminar state sponsors, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. Attendees will hear from top OSW developers and turbine OEMs on tender processes and important qualifications to compete for contracts. Prospective speakers include representatives from Vineyard Wind, Mayflower Wind, GE Renewable Energy, DEME Offshore US, with more to be announced soon!
- Who should attend: Local businesses with expertise in fabrication and machining, electrical services, marine construction and services, vessel operators and repair, and other related suppliers and services interested in entering the offshore wind supply chain market.
- Learn who is buying what: Understand the procurement process in these large, multi-year construction projects.
- Find your fit: Understand the range of materials, equipment, and services that are needed.
- Get Connected: to today's offshore wind industry leaders and meet companies looking to source locally.