John Cook, president of Springfield Technical Community College, says he doesn’t play the card game cribbage. But that doesn’t mean the cribbage board given to him recently gathers dust sitting in a drawer or closet unused. In fact, it now occupies a prominent place on a desk already crowded with items that speak to his personal life and career in higher education. That’s because the elaborate board was crafted by students at Pathfinder Regional Vocational Technical High School in Palmer. It’s fashioned from metal — Cook isn’t sure exactly what the material is, although he suspects ...
And their parents are often the harder sell.
We know there are really well-paying jobs out there, but there's a lot of work to be done to invite new individuals into this career path.
They're little things, but they make this a better environment.
- Springfield Technical Community College
- Rick Sullivan
- Springfield Armory
- Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
- Sanderson MacLeod
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts
- Regional Employment Board of Hampden County Inc.
- Economic Development Council of Western Massachusetts