The results of a joint research project of the New England Public Policy Center of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and the Commonwealth Corporation were unveiled in 2012 at a public forum held at Holyoke Community College. The results, detailed in a data-rich final report, Labor Market Trends in the Pioneer Valley, paint an insightful yet sobering portrait of our region’s talent pipeline and point to workers who increasingly are not adequately equipped to fill current job openings. The problem boils down to a “skills gap” - a gap which the report forecasts will significantly widen over coming decades ...
- Springfield Technical Community College
- Holyoke Community College
- Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
- Greenfield Community College
- Timothy W. Brennan
- Knowledge Corridor
- National Tooling and Machining Association
- Franklin Hampshire Regional Employment Board
- Boston Fed
- Regional Employment Board of Hampden County Inc.