1. Westover Air Base in Chicopee sends hundreds of employees home because of government shutdown

    Westover Air Base in Chicopee sends hundreds of employees home because of government shutdown

     Col. Steven Vautrain, commander of the 439th Airlift Wing, had submitted a list of essential personnel he requested to be exempted from the furlough to keep the base running. The Air Force did not approve exempted personnel until Tuesday morning so most did not know if they would be staying or going home. Even those who are working knew they should not expect their regular paycheck, Bishop said.  All active duty military are exempt from the furlough but Reservists and civilians are not. At Westover about 10 percent of all personnel are active duty while the remaining 90 percent are ...

    Read Full Article

    Login to comment.

  1. Categories

    1. Industry Clusters:

      Aerospace/Defense, Business Development, Creative Economy, Education, Energy, Entrepreneurship, Financial Services, Green Region, Health Care, Information Technology, Life Sciences, Logistics, Manufacturing, Medical Devices, Paper Manufacturing, Plastics, Retail, Tourism, Transportation, Workforce
  2. Topics Mentioned

  3. Authors